Imagine your home getting broken into. This is an awful time for every family member involved. The thought of a complete stranger breaking into a place where you are most vulnerable and possibly stealing all you cherished memories is never easy. But if this were to happen, what do you do after the fact? Here at Affordable Lock & Security Solutions, our team of experts is here with advice to help you. When it comes to security camera installations, we are the ones to trust. Our surveillance cameras will keep you protected, Brandon residents.
What Do You Do After?
- Don’t Touch Anything
- The first and very crucial step you should take when your home has been burglarized is to alert the police immediately. Calling the police at the earliest opportunity increases the chances of the burglars getting caught.
- Take Inventory of What was Stolen
- Photos Can Help Inventory Items. It’s vital to make a list of the stolen items, not only for the purpose of insurance claims but also to help police track them down if they can. It’s better if you still have the receipts but who saves receipts?
- Call Your Insurance
- You need to file your insurance claims as soon as you can. For this, you need a police report of the incident and a list of the stolen valuables. Some insurance companies need proof of ownership, such as receipts and online transactions for the lost valuables. Again, photos or video of your home are very helpful. Others may send an adjuster to assess the extent of the damage and evaluate the worth of the stolen goods before they can send any compensation.
- Protect yourself online
- Smart burglars these days break into houses not to steal physical items but to go after the more important personal and banking details. Did you have mail on the counter or easily accessible during the robbery? Was your laptop or PC stolen? Call your bank and credit card companies to get new cards and change account numbers. If your laptop was stolen during the home robbery or you do not use a password protected computer (even if not stolen), change the passwords for your online accounts. Assuming they got this information even if they didn’t is the best approach to ensure you protect your account information.
We Specialize in Security Camera Installations
Affordable Lock & Security is a “Full-Service Locksmith & Security Company” which constantly strives to provide our customers with the best quality mechanical and electronic security products and services at competitive prices while maintaining a consistently higher level of customer service than any of our competitors. This is accomplished by employing trained technicians, providing them with reliable support to provide a Customer Experience that is second to none.
Get a Surveillance Camera With Us!
Avoid your next burglary with security camera installations. Located in the heart of Ocala, the experts at Affordable Lock & Security Solutions are here to make sure that you know what items are appropriate to store in your safe. If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you, call our experts today or check out our website. We provide services to provide total security for every facet of life for residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Tampa, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Clermont, The Villages and surrounding areas. Whether you need service for your home or business, we offer full-service residential locksmith, commercial locksmith, and industrial security services to keep your home or business completely secure.